Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Skechers and Accent Group


As many of you know, I took on a retail position at a Skechers outlet store located in South Wharf, near the city. I never thought in a million years I would be working in retail, but to be honest in the four short months I worked there, I had really great time. First and foremost, my co-workers were awesome!!! Couldn't have asked for a nicer group of people to work with.

Having no previous retail experience, my manager, Tom, along with my co-workers [Emma (not Tony's wife), Brent, Linda, Shao, Natalie, Jess, and Iva…if I have missed anyone, I apologize] helped me out in so many ways. From answering ALL of my questions (and I had tons of them), to explaining how certain shoes work, to helping me with customers as well as some unhappy customers, and so on. It was a great eye opening experience. This is not something I would like to continue full time, but it made aware of what people in retail deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Here is one example, it is amazing to me how many people when they walk into the store and you say "Hi, how are you?", either shy away, look at you but pretend like you don't exist and keep walking, are annoyed, seem scared that you are even talking to them, or say "I'm just looking." when all I said was "Hi". Now, I don't expect each and everyone person to give a cheerful, exciting response, however a little smile, a head nod, and/or one second eye contact goes a long way. 

Below are some pictures I wanted to share with you that I took along my commute to work. I usually ended up having to take two trains to get to work, but it only took about 20 minutes by train, and 20 minutes walking from the second train station. The best part is is not having to drive and enjoy the lovely scenery along the way.






My lunch spot.



See that! I was number 10 on the "Top 10 Sales People." Not to shabby.

Since I was one of the top sales people, my manager gave me a budget (sales target) of $2,1800.00 for that day. Geez...I always have to do all the work.

All my Skechers shoes.

And here is Henry's commute to work. He rode a bike just about everyday of the year rain or shine except for the our last month when he commuted by tram and train.






No comments:

Post a Comment